The Ethics Committee meets at least annually to develop and make a recommendation to the VBOA.
The primary duties of the VBOA Ethics Committee include:
- Working with the VBOA member liaison and VBOA staff to develop the following year’s VBOA Segment.
- Reviewing the previous years’ VBOA Segment and making comments and/or recommendations for the VBOA’s consideration.
- Reviewing comments from VBOA-approved ethics course participants and make recommendations for the VBOA’s consideration.
Volunteer members on the committee serve 3-year terms. Ethics Committee members cannot be current VBOA members or members of the Virginia Society of CPAs Board of Directors. Members are also in good standing with all governing bodies, including state boards of accountancy.
Current committee members
- Beth A. Berk, CPA, CGMA
- Kevin Matthews, CPA
- Matthew Miller, CPA
- Roy D. Peters, CPA
- John J. Renner, CPA
- Douglas E. Ziegenfuss, CPA
- William Brown, CPA, Board liaison
Individuals wishing to serve on the VBOA Ethics Committee may nominate themselves or another individual.