The Ethics Committee meets at least annually to develop and make a recommendation to the VBOA for a proposed outline for next year’s Virginia-Specific Ethics Course.
The primary duties of the VBOA Ethics Committee include:
- Working with the VBOA member liaison and VBOA staff to develop a proposed outline for the following year’s Virginia-Specific Ethics Course.
- Reviewing the previous years’ Virginia-Specific Ethics Course content and material and making comments and/or recommendations for the VBOA’s consideration.
- Reviewing summary comments from Virginia-Specific Ethics Course participants regarding content, material and instruction, and making recommendations for the VBOA’s consideration.
Volunteer members on the committee serve 3-year terms. Ethics Committee members cannot be current VBOA members or members of the Virginia Society of CPAs Board of Directors. Members are also in good standing with all governing bodies, including state boards of accountancy.
Current committee members
- Beth Berk, CPA
- Kevin Matthews, CPA
- Matthew Miller, CPA
- Roy D. Peters, CPA
- John J. Renner, CPA
- Douglas E. Ziegenfuss, CPA
- William Brown, CPA, Board liaison