The Peer Review Oversight Committee monitors sponsoring organizations to provide reasonable assurance that peer reviews are being conducted and reported on in accordance with the relevant standards. The Committee reports the conclusions and recommendations to the VBOA annually. Members serve 3-year terms.
PROC members have extensive experience in accounting and auditing and currently or recently be in the practice of public accountancy at the partner level or an otherwise appropriate level as determined by the VBOA. They must be members of the VSCPA and AICPA and cannot be current members of the VBOA or its committees, the VSCPA Board of Directors, Peer Review or Professional Ethics Committee or the AICPA’s Peer Review Board or the Professional Ethics Executive Committee, including any subcommittees.
PROC members spend approximately 20 to 30 hours per year performing the following:
- Observing one to two Peer Review Committee and Report Acceptance Body Meetings each year.
- Participating in AICPA Peer Review Board phone calls.
- Participating in NASBA Compliance Assurance Committee calls.
- Reviewing published reports/letters at the state and national levels.
- Providing comments and responses to various topics as requested by the VBOA.
- Attending annual PROC meeting.
- Attending annual VBOA Board meeting when the PROC Annual Report is presented.
Current committee members
- Aimee D’Amato, CPA
- Marco Fernandes, CPA
- Nicole Kint, CPA
- Reza Mahbod, CPA
- Nadia Rogers, CPA, Board liaison