CPA exam candidates who have previously sat for the exam or previously submitted a request to sit for any section(s) of the exam are considered re-exam candidates (RE).
Some important points to consider when re-applying:
- Candidates do not have to apply for all four exam sections of the exam at one time.
- Candidates may apply for each exam section individually, or at different times.
- Candidates are not scheduling the actual date they will sit for the exam section when submitting an online request.
- Date selection will be made by the candidate after receipt of the Notice to Schedule (NTS).
- Sections requested on the same day, including during different login requests, will be issued on a single payment coupon.
- A payment coupon may not be separated into several payments.
- For separate payment coupons, requests for sections must be made and paid for on different calendar days.
Instructions for submitting a request for a payment coupon:
- Login with user ID and password
- Select “Apply for Re-exam”
- Keep in mind that “RE” will be used for every request. Always use the current day’s date for the Application Date. Ensure the appropriate exam section box is checked.
The fee applies to all re-exam candidates when logging in and applying for one or multiple sections. A non-refundable fee of $20 will be applied for every re-exam request submitted.
If a candidate inadvertently applies for the wrong exam sections, the candidate must contact the VBOA to cancel the current payment coupon. Once cancelled, the candidate must return to the licensing home page and use Apply for Re-Exam to select the correct exam section. There is a $20 re-exam fee with each additional exam section request.