The VBOA is seeking nominations for Virginia licensed CPAs interested in serving on the Peer Review Oversight Committee. PROC monitors sponsoring organizations to provide reasonable assurance that peer reviews are being conducted and reported on in accordance with the relevant standards. Members serve 3-year terms.
PROC members spend approximately 20 to 30 hours a year performing the following:
- Observing one to two Peer Review Committee and Report Acceptance Body Meetings each year. This can be in person meetings or by teleconference. If the meetings are in-person, the observing PROC member attends.
- Participating in AICPA Peer Review Board phone calls.
- Participating in NASBA Compliance Assurance Committee calls.
- Reviewing published reports/letters at the state and national levels.
- Providing comments and responses to various topics as requested by the VBOA.
- Attending annual PROC meeting.
- Attending annual VBOA Board meeting when the PROC Annual Report is presented.
- Non-local mileage reimbursed for Board and committee meetings in accordance with Commonwealth guidelines.