search question-circle-o log-in megaphone arrow-right2 facebook twitter youtube linkedin2 phone plus-circle2 minus-circle2 play2 menu3 cross

Request for CPE credit for published works

CPAs can receive CPE credit from the VBOA for writing materials or publications if the material is relevant to providing services to the public or to an employer. In accordance with VBOA regulation, materials must be formally reviewed by an authoritative independent party and must be published in a book, magazine or similar publication used by individuals who provide services to the public or to or on behalf of an employer.

Starting July 1, 2022, a maximum of 30 hours of CPE is permitted for published materials, during each rolling 3-year period. CPAs must document the actual time spent.