The CPA exam process is a partnership between the AICPA, NASBA and Prometric. Review the process for step-by-step instructions on applying for the CPA exam.
- Register, create a user ID and password, and login to submit the initial application. The initial non-refundable application fee is $120.
- After submitting the application, send official transcripts to the VBOA at 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 402, Henrico, VA 23233.
- Processing takes approximately two to three weeks from the date the transcripts are received. Once the processing is completed, a determination of eligibility will be sent via email.
- After being deemed eligible, candidates receive the first payment coupon within three to five business days via email from NASBA.
- Once the payment coupon is received, candidates will follow the instructions to submit payment to NASBA. The payment coupon is valid for six months.
- Once the payment has been submitted, the candidate will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) within three business days via email from NASBA. The NTS is valid for 12 months.
- Upon the receipt of the NTS, the candidate will contact a Prometric Testing Facility to schedule the date to sit for the exam section. Visit the Prometric website and the online seat availability tool. It allows candidates to view seat availability for exam sections based on a preferred location without having a section ID.