The CPA exam process is a partnership between the AICPA, NASBA and Prometric. Review the process for step-by-step instructions on applying for the CPA exam.
- Register, create a user ID and password, and login to submit the initial application. The initial non-refundable application fee is $120.
- After submitting the application, send official transcripts to the VBOA at 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 402, Henrico, VA 23233.
- Processing takes approximately two to three weeks from the date the transcripts are received. Once the processing is completed, a determination of eligibility will be sent via email.
- After being deemed eligible, candidates will receive the first payment coupon in the online NASBA Candidate portal within three to five business days. Candidates must login to their NASBA account to view the payment coupon. The payment coupon is valid for six months.
- Once the payment has been submitted, the candidate can view the Notice to Schedule (NTS) via the NASBA Candidate portal. The NTS is valid for 12 months.
- Upon accessing the NTS, the candidate will contact a Prometric Testing Facility to schedule the date to sit for the exam section. Visit the Prometric website and the online seat availability tool. It allows candidates to view seat availability for exam sections based on a preferred location without having a section ID.