How do I . . .
- Seek accreditation approval for my institution?
- Apply or re-apply for the exam?
- Know if I’m qualified to take the exam?
- Determine if my
- Update my contact information with the VBOA?
Education evaluation firms
The VBOA will consider a degree or coursework earned at a non-accredited institution or institution located outside of the United States but the degree or coursework must be evaluated by one of the following VBOA-approved education evaluation firms.
Contact one of the firms below to begin the evaluation process of your coursework completed abroad.
Please keep in mind:
- You will need to have an official application on file with the VBOA before an education evaluation is sent by the chosen evaluation firm.
- If you elect to receive the results of the evaluation with the intent of forwarding them to the VBOA once an official application has been completed, the evaluation results received by the candidate must remain sealed until received by the VBOA.
Approved education evaluation firms
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
Required education evaluation type: Comprehensive course-by-course report
P.O. Box 6908
Beverly Hills, California 90212
Phone: (800) 234-1597, (310) 275-3530
Fax: (310) 275-3528
International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
Required education evaluation type: Detail report with course level identification
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, California 90231-3665
Phone: (310) 258-9451
Fax: (310) 342-7086
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
Required education evaluation type: Subject analysis evaluation
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
Required education evaluation type: Accounting course-by-course evaluation with upper division course identification
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, Florida 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Translations: (305) 273-1984
Foreign Academic Credentials Service, Inc.
Required education evaluation type: CPA examination/license evaluation
P.O. Box 400
Glen Carbon, Illinois 62034
Phone: (618) 656-5291
Fax: (618) 656-5292
NASBA International Evaluation Services | NASBA
Required education evaluation type: International credential evaluation for CPA examination and/or licensure
PO Box 198727
Nashville, TN 37219
Phone: (855) 468-5382, (615) 277-9077
Fax: (615) 324-1268
International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
Required education evaluation type: Course-by-course credentials evaluation with upper level course identification
P.O. Box 8629
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8629
Phone: (215) 222-8454, Ext. 603
Fax: (215) 349-0026
World Education Services
Required education evaluation type: WES Basic course-by-course (with GPA and course-levels)
P.O. Box 5087
New York, New York 10274-5087
Phone: (800) 937-3895, (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
Become an education evaluation firm
If a firm is not currently approved by the VBOA as an education evaluation firm, the firm may submit a written request that includes the following:
- A written request for consideration
- Background information on the firm, to include a list of current services provided
- Minimum of five business references (preferably other state boards of accountancy)
Send all requested information to:
Virginia Board of Accountancy
9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 402
Henrico, Virginia 23233