From 1981 to the present, Stephanie Saunders, CPA, has served as a shareholder with Saunders & Saunders, PC, in Virginia Beach. From 1975 to 1981, she was the Tax Manager with Price Waterhouse, which merged with Waller & Woodhouse in 1980.
In 1975, she earned a Bachelor of Science with a Business Administration concentration in Accounting from Old Dominion University. While in school, she was named Student Senator for the School of Business, Student Representative to the Board of Visitors and Panhellenic President.
Saunders is a current member of the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of CPAs, the Virginia Society of CPAs, the American Institute of CPAs and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy. Her volunteer experience includes being a speaker, “Understanding Taxes,” Personal Finance Institute at ODU Center for Economic Education, serving as a Financial Fitness Instructor with the VSCPA and as a LPGA Committee Chairman with the Crestar Farm Fresh Classic.
She also enjoys golf, skiing and reading. Her family includes her husband, Tim, and daughters, Jennifer, Sarah and Kelly.
Saunders professional achievements include:
- Board member, NASBA, 2015-present
- Regional director, Middle Atlantic Region, NASBA, 2015-18
- Board chair, VBOA, July 2015-June 2016
- Board member, VBOA, July 2012-June 2020
- Ethics committee member, VBOA, 2011-13
- Ethics discussion leader, VSCPA, 2004-12
- Committee chair, NASBA Education Committee
- Committee member, NASBA UAA Committee 2017-present
- Committee member, NASBA Communications Committee, 2013-14
- Committee member, AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee 2018-present
- Committee member, AICPA Strategic Planning Committee, 2006-09
- Council member, AICPA, 2001-08
- Past chair, VSCPA Educational Foundation, 2008-10
- Vice chair, VSCPA Educational Foundation, 2006-07
- Past chair, VSCPA, 2002-03
- Past president, Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of CPAs, 1996-97
- Past president, American Society of Women Accountants, Norfolk Chapter
- Past committee member, Federal Taxation Committee, Disclosures
- Board member, VSCPA, 1996-2003
- Virginia Business Magazine Super CPA, 2006-2013